West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 17 May 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to variable 5 to 15 near midnight then increasing to northwest 15 to 25 Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 2:00 p.m. PDT today deepening trough from 1007 mb low located
west of Bowie.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday dissipating trough from 1003 mb low
located over Haida Gwaii.
At 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight deepening low 995 mb located west of
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday low 1003 mb located over northern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:30 AM PDT 17 May 2022 A trough of low pressure extending from a developing low pressure
centre southwest of Bowie will move northeast to lie over Northern
Haida Gwaii late Wednesday morning. Southerly gales will develop from
Hecate Strait to Northern Vancouver Island near noon today.
A deep low pressure centre will move over Explorer near midnight and
then cross Vancouver Island on Wednesday morning. Unseasonably strong
winds are associated with this low. Storm force southerly winds will
develop ahead of the low over Explorer and west coast Vancouver
Island tonight. Hurricane force southeast winds are possible near the
headlands of Northwest Vancouver Island overnight. Southeast gales
are expected for inner South Coast waters. Winds will shift to gale
to storm force west-northwesterly in the wake of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: