West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 02 March 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 25 knots increasing to south 25 to 35 early this evening then diminishing to south 15 to 25 near noon Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 02 March 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 2 March 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening cold front located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday deepening trough located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday trough located over southern Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:37 PM PST 2 March 2021 A weakening cold front located over the Central Coast this afternoon
will slide south to lie over North Vancouver Island early this
evening. Ahead of the front, southerly gales are expected. In its
wake, winds will shift to strong to gale force westerlies which will
ease this evening.
A trough of low pressure west of the offshore waters tonight will
approach Haida Gwaii on Wednesday. Ahead of the trough, strong to
gale force southerly winds will develop over most waters overnight
and on Wednesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: