West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 29 March 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 25 to 35 knots becoming northwest 20 to 30 this morning then becoming northwest 20 late overnight. Wind diminishing to northwest 15 Thursday morning then backing to southwest 15 near noon Thursday. Wind increasing to southerly 25 to 35 Thursday evening.
Scattered showers this morning and Thursday changing to rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 29 March 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 29 March 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located west of the offshore
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Thursday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located over eastern
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 AM PDT 29 March 2023 A ridge of high pressure over interior BC dissipates today. Strong to
gale force northerly outflow winds through the mainland inlets from
the Central Coast to Howe Sound gradually ease this morning.
Northerly strong to gale force winds continue across most of the
offshore and outer waters today and tonight ahead of the Pacific
ridge of high pressure. The ridge will move across Bowie and weakens
Thursday afternoon, a Pacific frontal system approaches Bowie. Strong
to gale force southerly winds will develop ahead of the system.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: