West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 08 February 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 45 to 55 knots diminishing to southeast 35 late this evening and to south 25 after midnight. Wind increasing to south 25 to 35 early Thursday morning then becoming south 25 early Thursday evening.
Rain ending near noon Thursday. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 08 February 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 8 February 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from Haida Gwaii
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday low 986 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low 992 mb located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PST 8 February 2023 A vigorous Pacific front continues to bring widespread gale to storm
force southeasterlies over offshore, northern and central waters.
Storm to hurricane force southeasterlies have developed near the
headlands of Northern Vancouver Island and will continue through till
noon on Thursday.
Another trough of low pressure crosses the offshore waters overnight
and will merge with the current Pacific front. This will cause
southeasterly gales to spread into the inner South Coast waters, and
will help maintain gale to storm force southerlies from East Dixon to
Queen Charlotte Sound and waters west of Vancouver Island through
much of Thursday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: