West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 28 January 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 20 to 30 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early this evening then veering to south 45 near midnight. Wind diminishing to south 25 to 35 early Saturday morning then becoming west 25 late Saturday morning.
Showers changing to rain this evening and ending near noon Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 4:00 PM PST 28 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 28 January 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:59 PM PST 28 January 2022 Over the inner South Coast, winds remain light under a ridge of high
pressure today. Stronger southeast winds are expected late Saturday
as a front approaches.
For northern and central waters, an incoming front will provide
A boost to winds tonight. Winds will shift to gale force southerly
ahead of this front over northern and central waters tonight. On
Saturday, winds will rise to southeast 45 knots through Dixon east,
Hecate Strait, Queen Charlotte Sound and the headlands of Vancouver
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: