West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PST 06 February 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind westerly 10 to 20 knots becoming southeast 10 to 20 near midnight then increasing to northwest 20 to 30 Tuesday evening.
Showers tonight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 6 February 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 998 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday low 1002 mb located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 PM PST 6 February 2023 A frontal system over the Queen Charlotte Sound will move
southeastward across the South Coast tonight and Tuesday morning.
Southerly to southwesterly ahead of this system will ease to
Moderate to strong westerlies behind it this evening. Strong to gale
force southeasterlies in the Strait of Georgia will ease shift to
moderate to strong southwesterlies Tuesday morning, with westerly
gales developing in the Juan de Fuca Strait Tuesday afternoon.
A 998 millibar low will approach Southern Bowie early Tuesday
Morning and reach the mainland North Coast Tuesday evening. Gale
force westerlies in its vicinity will develop over
Parts of the offshore and central waters early Tuesday morning.
Local storm force westerlies can be expected south of the low. Gale
force outflows can be expected near midday Tuesday near Portland
Inlet. Winds will ease to moderate to strong westerlies in the wake
of the low Tuesday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: