West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 16 January 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots increasing to southeast 40 to 50 early this morning then diminishing to south 30 to 40 late this morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 20 to 30 this afternoon then becoming west 25 to 35 after midnight. Wind becoming southwest 25 Sunday morning then diminishing to southwest 10 to 20 Sunday afternoon. Wind backing to south 20 Sunday evening.
Rain changing to showers this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 16 January 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 16 January 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By noon PST today frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:26 AM PST 16 January 2021 Another Pacific front is moving across the offshore waters this
Over northern waters, strong to gale force southeast winds have
developed and will rise to gale to storm force early this morning
with the approach of the frontal system.
Over central waters, gale to storm force southeast winds will develop
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: