West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 26 November 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 late this evening then increasing to southeast 35 to 45 late overnight. Wind veering to southwest 30 to 40 late Saturday morning.
Showers changing to rain near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 November 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 26 November 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of the
By noon PST Saturday departing frontal system located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday low located over northern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday departing low located over the Alaska
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:34 AM PST 27 November 2021 A frontal system will approach the North Coast this morning bringing
gale to storm force southeasterly winds over the northern and central
waters and strong to gale force southeasterly winds over the southern
An area of low pressure will pass north of Bowie this morning leading
to gale to storm force southwesterly winds for waters west of Haida
Gwaii well into tonight.
A trough of low pressure trailing this area of low pressure will
sweep through northern waters from northwest to southeast tonight.
Strong to gale force southwesterlies over northern and central waters
will precede this trough.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: