West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 October 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 35 to 45 knots diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 this morning then backing to southeast 25 to 35 this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 35 to 45 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 late this evening. Wind backing to south 25 to 30 Saturday evening.
Showers ending near noon Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 October 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 22 October 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing low located over the Alaska
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over northern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Saturday approaching frontal system located
southwest of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PDT 22 October 2021 A deep low pressure centre just west of Langara will continue its
track northwards onto the Alaskan Panhandle this morning. Widespread
storm force southeasterlies from Dixon Entrance East to Cape Scott
will shift to gale to storm force southwesterly in its wake
Through this morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: