West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 19 August 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 to 20 knots this afternoon and to northeast 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind increasing to south 30 to 40 near midnight then becoming northwest 30 Tuesday afternoon.
Rain beginning late this afternoon. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 06:15 AM PDT 19 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 19 August 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line north-south
At noon PDT today trough located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday trough located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:35 AM PDT 19 August 2019 A trough of low pressure will move to lie over Southern Bowie this
morning and then swing northward toward Prince Rupert this evening.
Strong southerlies will develop south of the trough and rise to gale
force late in the day. Strong to gale force easterlies will develop
north of the trough.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: