West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 09 April 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northerly 15 knots increasing to north 15 to 25 this afternoon. Wind north 15 to 25 tonight and Friday.
Periods of rain ending early this morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 8 April 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Thursday dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT Thursday dissipating frontal system located on
a line northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PDT 9 April 2020 A quasi-stationary trough will develop along the mainland coast on
Friday. The trough combined with an offshore ridge will generate
widespread strong northwest winds over most waters except gale force
off the coast of West Vancouver Island. These winds will persist
until Saturday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: