West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 20 September 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 early this morning then veering to southwest 25 to 35 near noon. Wind becoming southwest 20 to 30 early this evening. Wind southwest 20 to 30 Tuesday.
Rain changing to showers Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PDT 20 September 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 20 September 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located over the South Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located over southern BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Central Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PDT 20 September 2021 A frontal system near Haida Gwaii early this morning will progress
across the northern and central waters today and this evening
reaching the Central Coast overnight.
Gale to storm force southeast winds will develop along the front.
In the wake of the front, the winds will shift to strong to gale
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: