West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 20 January 2020
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 knots increasing to east 25 to 35 near midnight then diminishing to east 15 to 25 early Tuesday morning. Wind veering to south 10 to 20 near noon Tuesday.
Showers ending Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern halfIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 January 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 20 January 2020 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over the eastern
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday weakening frontal system located from
Haida Gwaii to Tofino.
At 10:30 a.m. PST Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Tuesday weakening trough located from Bowie
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:04 PM PST 20 January 2020 A frontal system over the offshore waters will approach the BC coast
tonight. Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southeasterlies will
continue over most outer waters tonight, and spread to the inner
South Coast overnight. Winds will ease to moderate to strong
southerlies Tuesday as the system moves inland.
A trough will move across Explorer Tuesday morning and Vancouver
Island Tuesday afternoon. Strong to gale force southwesterlies will
develop behind the trough.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: