West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 20 June 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots diminishing to west 5 to 15 early Friday morning then backing to south 5 to 15 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 20 June 2019 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located over BC interior.
By 10:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening trough located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located near the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday quasi-stationary ridge located over Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 PM PDT 20 June 2019 A ridge of high pressure is building west of the offshore waters
while a trough remains over the B.C. Interior.
Strong to gale force westerlies will develop through Juan de Fuca and
Johnstone Strait this evening. Gales off the west coast of
Vancouver Island will persist tonight and weaken Friday morning.
However, gales return to the west coast of Vancouver Island Friday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Follow us on Facebook!
A page for weather lovers! Learn about interesting weather phenomena and get informed about Canada's changing climate.
- Date modified: