West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 17 October 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 this morning then increasing to northwest 30 to 40 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 20 to 30 this evening then becoming southwest 20 Friday morning.
Rain changing to showers this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 04:00 AM PDT 17 October 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 17 October 2019 Today Tonight and Friday By 4:00 a.m. PDT today departing frontal system located over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located off Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:40 AM PDT 17 October 2019 A front over Vancouver Island will move across the inner South Coast
this morning. Strong to gale force southeast winds ahead of the front
will ease to moderate to strong later this morning.
A trough of low pressure will move across the offshore and outer
waters today and track inland tonight. Ahead of the trough, strong to
gale force southerlies will shift to gale to storm force westerlies
in its wake.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: