West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 27 May 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 10 to 20 knots veering to southeast 10 to 20 near noon then becoming southeast 15 to 25 late this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this evening then becoming south 20 to 30 early Thursday morning.
Showers overnight and Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Haida GwaiiIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 May 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 27 May 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located over the Mainland Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:03 AM PDT 27 May 2020 Over offshore waters, winds are forecast to rise to strong to gale
force southeasterlies today as a frontal system approaches Bowie.
Winds will rise to strong to gale force southeasterlies over west
coast Haida Gwaii this evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: