West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 17 September 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to westerly 10 to 15 late Saturday morning.
Showers ending Saturday afternoon. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon and this evening.
West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 17 September 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 987 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Saturday low 987 mb located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building frontal system located over
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing frontal system located over
the southern Strait of Georgia.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM PDT 17 September 2021 A strong Pacific front is currently over the South Coast. Gale force
southeasterly winds will continue tonight as the front sweeps across
Winds are forecast to ease to moderate to strong westerly in the wake
of the front. Westerly gales will develop late in the day today
across Explorer and west coast Vancouver Island.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: