West Coast Haida Gwaii
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 14 August 2020
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 20 to 30 knots today tonight and Saturday.
Rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 14 August 2020 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary frontal system located
over the North Coast.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1007 mb located north of Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Saturday weakening low located over the Gulf
At 5:30 p.m. PDT Saturday low located over southern Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Saturday low located near Langara.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 14 August 2020 A frontal system will remain draped across the northern waters
Winds along the frontal system will mainly stay below gale criteria,
however a disturbance in the system will allow winds to briefly
increase to gale force early Saturday morning.
Winds will again reach gale status on Saturday night over Hecate
Strait and Dixon Entrance East as a weak low develops along the
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: