Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
Issued 07:00 AM MDT 05 October 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwest 20 knots backing to south 15 near noon then diminishing to light early this evening. Wind increasing to west 15 late this evening and to northwest 25 near midnight. Wind diminishing to light early Thursday morning then increasing to south 20 near noon Thursday.
Showers or flurries this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 October 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7023N 13718W to
7153N 12815W to Banks Island near 7158N 12553W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7146N 12026W to
Victoria Island near 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10152W to
6919N 10004W to 7035N 9937W to 7149N 10338W to 7254N 10353W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7344N 10107W. Sea ice north then west of
the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7300N
9728W to 7316N 9706W to Somerset Island near 7339N 9541W. Sea ice
west then north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7221N 9337W to
7220N 9248W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7339N 8801W. Sea ice north
then west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 5 October 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Friday approaching trough from low located from 74N
168W to 69N 131W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: