Issued 05:30 PM EDT 02 October 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Wind light increasing to north 15 knots late this evening and to northeast 20 to 25 late overnight. Wind north 20 Monday.
Scattered flurries with a risk of freezing drizzle changing to snow this evening and ending Monday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Monday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 2 October 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7236N 8032W to
7227N 7915W to Bylot Island near 7247N 7900W. Sea ice northwest of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7256N 7603W to
7330N 7445W to 7400N 7600W to near 7458N 7306W then eastwards. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
RaeIssued 5:30 PM EDT 02 October 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 2 October 2022 Tonight and Monday At 0000 UTC Monday departing low 980 mb located at 67N 99W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday building high 1026 mb located at 72N 132W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: