Issued 05:30 AM EDT 25 September 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to east 15 knots late this morning then backing to northeast 20 early this afternoon. Wind increasing to northeast 25 early this evening. Wind north 25 Tuesday.
Snow changing to flurries this evening and ending near noon Tuesday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 September 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7347N 11602W to
7321N 10915W to Victoria Island near 7332N 10656W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7350N
9935W to 7437N 9851W to Cornwallis Island near 7458N 9623W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7434N 8919W to
7407N 8827W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7349N 8652W. Sea ice east of
the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7326N 8110W to
Bylot Island near 7324N 8052W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Sixth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7252N 7603W to 7257N
7409W to 7525N 7510W to 7520N 7329W then eastward. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Open water except 6 tenths old ice in the northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 25 September 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday deepening low 1001 mb located at 67N 109W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 991 mb located at 70N 80W.
At 1200 UTC Monday dissipating low 1012 mb located at 79N 124W.
At 1200 UTC Monday ridge located over Banks Island extending
By 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 72N 115W to 76N 154W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: