Issued 05:30 AM EDT 16 August 2022
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 15 August 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 6205N 6600W to
6158N 6249W to 6341N 5953W to 6447N 6146W to 6523N 5810W to 6549N
5741W then northward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 7309N 6547W to 7143N 6628W to 7200N
6956W to Baffin Island near 7140N 7233W. Sea ice south of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7350N 8649W to
Devon Island near 7429N 8804W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7517N 7933W to
7614N 7429W then eastward. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 15 August 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday low 1000 mb located at 69N 115W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 1000 mb located at 68N 94W.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 76N 150W to 73N 100W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 76N 150W to 77N 110W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: