Prince of Wales
Issued 05:30 PM EDT 17 August 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 20 knots early Thursday morning then diminishing to northeast 15 Thursday afternoon. Wind increasing to northeast 20 Thursday evening.
Periods of drizzle ending near midnight. Periods of rain Thursday. Fog patches dissipating Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 17 August 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday dissipating ridge located from 76N 140W to
At 0000 UTC Thursday low 993 mb located over Alaska.
By 0000 UTC Friday deepening trough from 989 mb low located over
Banks Island extending eastward.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: