Prince of Wales
Issued 05:30 PM EDT 27 September 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northeast 15 knots increasing to northeast 20 early this evening then backing to north 15 Wednesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 September 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7025N 13550W to
7110N 13116W to 7257N 12825W to Banks Island near 7246N 12458W. Sea
ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7107N 12312W to
7050N 12301W to Victoria Island 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10152W to
6919N 10042W to 7018N 10024W to 7106N 10242W to 7238N 10429W to
7346N 10336W then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice
Fourth ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7014N 8753W to
6938N 8811W to Nunavut near 6930N 9028W. Sea ice east then south of
the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Prince of WalesIssued 5:30 PM EDT 27 September 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 27 September 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday trough located from 67N 127W to 69N 133W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday trough from 992 mb low located from 68N 98W
to 67N 90W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 75N 140W to 73N 117W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 74N 140W to 67N 126W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday dissipating low 999 mb located at 75N 74W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Baillie - eastern half
- Baillie - western half
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: