Prince of Wales
Issued 05:30 PM EDT 21 August 2019
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 knots late overnight and to northeast 20 Thursday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 25 Thursday afternoon.
Periods of rain beginning Thursday morning. Fog patches dissipating Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 August 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 7330N 14100W to 7335N 13755W to 7120N 13905W
to 7035N 13750W to Northwest Territories near 7025N 12800W. Sea ice
north and east of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 August 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday weakening high 1028 mb located at 67N 88W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Davis Strait.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: