Issued 05:30 AM EDT 16 August 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northeast 20 knots diminishing to northeast 15 this morning and to light early this afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 15 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain today and this evening. Fog patches forming early this afternoon becoming mist Wednesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog patches and as low as 1 mile in mist.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 16 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 16 August 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 1200 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 75N 168W to 77N 120W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 75N 173W to 76N 120W.
At 1200 UTC Tuesday approaching trough from 1003 mb low located
from 67N 146W to 69N 120W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: