Issued 05:30 AM EDT 24 September 2022
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northeast 15 knots diminishing to light late this morning then becoming northwest 15 late this evening. Wind northwest 15 Sunday.
Periods of snow Sunday. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 September 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7128N 14100W to 7028N 13555W to
7138N 13106W to 7429N 12830W to Banks Island near 7328N 12422W. Sea
ice north and west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7307N 11706W to
Victoria Island near 7259N 11648W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10149W to
6923N 10048W to 7018N 10025W to 7245N 10457W to near 7346N 10400W
then northeastward sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7015N 8749W to
6919N 8811W to Nunavut near 6931N 9031W. Sea ice east then south of
the ice edge.
Open water except 7 tenths new ice in the extreme northwestern
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 24 September 2022 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday ridge located from 78N 158W to 67N 127W.
By 0000 UTC Monday ridge from 1031 mb high located from 74N 158W
to 69N 125W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: