Issued 07:00 AM MDT 24 September 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind east 10 to 15 knots backing to northeast 15 to 20 this evening then increasing to northeast 20 to 25 Saturday morning.
Flurries Saturday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning Saturday evening.
Temperatures near minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 September 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7009N 14100W to 6945N 13914W to 7100N
13429W to 7050N 12632W to Banks Island near 7159N 12521W. Sea ice
north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7146N 12027W to
Victoria Island near 7146N 11906W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6902N 10716W to
Nunavut near 6848N 10649W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
One tenth first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 7
tenths old ice in the northern section.
Warnings (In effect)
North TuktoyaktukIssued 07:00 AM MDT 24 September 2021
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 24 September 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 0000 UTC Saturday trough located from 68N 124W to 73N 110W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday weakening trough from low located from 67N 120W
to 72N 127W then to 78N 112W.
At 0000 UTC Saturday building ridge located at 74N 136W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located from 72N 149W to 82N 110W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: