Issued 07:00 PM MDT 03 October 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light increasing to north 20 knots this evening then backing to northwest 15 early Wednesday morning.
Scattered flurries this evening.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 3 October 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13755W to 7145N 13251W to 7158N
12714W to Banks Island near 7210N 12543W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7308N 11656W to
Victoria Island near 7302N 11637W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7241N 10519W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7326N 10128W. Sea ice north of the ice
Fourth ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7142N 8952W to
7144N 9117W to 7051N 9130W to Nunavut near 6915N 8919W. Sea ice east
of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths multi-year ice in the extreme
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 3 October 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday weakening low 1001 mb located at 79N 162W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 1008 mb located at 78N 156W.
At 0000 UTC Wednesday departing trough located from 69N 120W to
At 0000 UTC Wednesday building ridge located from 70N 142W to
By 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 69N 134W to 79N 120W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: