Issued 07:00 AM MDT 24 August 2019
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 20 knots diminishing to northwest 15 this morning then backing to southwest 15 near noon. Wind increasing to southwest 20 early this evening then veering to west 25 this evening. Wind west 20 Sunday.
Flurries with a risk of freezing drizzle this morning changing to snow near noon Sunday then to rain Sunday afternoon and ending Sunday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 24 August 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 7330N 14100W to 7340N 13725W to 7115N 13930W
to 7005N 13820W to Northwest Territories near 7015N 12800W. Sea ice
north and east of the ice edge.
7 tenths old ice.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 24 August 2019 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1800 UTC Saturday weakening low 970 mb located at 81N 120W.
By 0000 UTC Monday weakening low 982 mb located at 78N 149W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: