Issued 07:00 AM MDT 06 October 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light increasing to south 20 knots near noon then diminishing to south 15 this evening. Wind diminishing to light near midnight then increasing to southwest 15 near noon Friday. Wind increasing to west 25 Friday evening.
Scattered flurries this morning. Scattered flurries or scattered showers Friday late in the day. Risk of freezing rain Friday afternoon. Fog patches dissipating this morning.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 6 October 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7023N 13718W to
7153N 12815W to Banks Island near 7158N 12553W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7146N 12026W to
Victoria Island near 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6901N 10148W to
6919N 10004W to 7035N 9937W to 7149N 10338W to Prince of Wales
Island near 7239N 10235W. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7245N
9633W to Somerset Island near 7339N 9541W. Sea ice west of the ice
Fifth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7206N 9402W to
7219N 9242W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7339N 8801W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
1 tenth grey ice except 7 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth
multi-year ice in the northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 6 October 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday low 960 mb located over Chukchi Sea.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 964 mb located at 78N 161W.
At 1200 UTC Thursday departing trough from 1006 mb low located
from 80N 131W to 78N 120W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: