Issued 05:30 PM EDT 26 September 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind light becoming southeast 15 knots Wednesday evening.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 27 September 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7334N 11522W to
7319N 10947W to Victoria Island near 7332N 10656W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7354N
9735W to Cornwallis Island near 7458N 9623W. Sea ice west of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7432N 8939W to
7415N 8919W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7349N 8652W. Sea ice east of
the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7320N 8111W to
Bylot Island near 7320N 8053W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Sixth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7252N 7603W to 7247N
7405W to 7514N 7505W to 7513N 7321W then eastward. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 2 tenths old ice in the northeastern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 27 September 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday trough from 995 mb low located from 72N 69W
to 61N 53W.
By 0000 UTC Friday trough from 1005 mb low located from 62N 50W
to 76N 62W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday ridge from 1023 mb high located from 74N
108W to 63N 84W.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge from 1027 mb high located from 81N 72W
to 68N 114W.
At 0000 UTC Friday approaching low 999 mb located at 65N 93W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: