Issued 05:30 AM EDT 29 September 2022
Forecasts are unavailable until further request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 29 September 2022 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7346N 10336W to 7414N 10312W to
7409N 9714W to Somerset Island near 7401N 9511W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7317N 8112W to
Bylot Island near 7318N 8049W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7331N 7720W to 7505N
7606W to near 7541N 7351W then eastwards. Sea ice west of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 29 September 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 1200 UTC Thursday trough located from 68N 156W to 69N 136W.
By 0000 UTC Saturday low 995 mb located at 74N 139W.
At 1200 UTC Thursday departing ridge located from 74N 168W to
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: