Issued 05:30 PM EDT 04 October 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind north 20 knots backing to northwest 15 late Thursday morning.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 4 October 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7323N 11433W to
7405N 11303W to Victoria Island near 7321N 10802W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island island near
7350N 10038W to 7440N 10012W to Cornwallis Island near 7452N 9558W.
Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7534N 9534W to
Devon Island near 7614N 9517W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7428N 8646W to
7421N 8611W to 7414N 8118W to 7425N 7825W to 7524N 7725W to 7601N
7414W then eastwards. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 4 October 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday quasi-stationary low 1008 mb located at
At 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from 68N 134W to 84N 121W.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge located from 68N 124W to 84N 130W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: