Issued 05:30 AM EDT 19 September 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind south 15 knots backing to southeast 20 late this afternoon then veering to southwest 15 Monday morning. Wind diminishing to light Monday afternoon then becoming southeast 15 Monday evening.
Periods of freezing rain Monday morning.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 19 September 2021 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7310N 8037W to
Bylot Island near 7310N 8008W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7338N 7859W to
7347N 7909W to 7408N 8931W to Devon Island near 7438N 9107W. Sea ice
south and west of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7523N 7930W to 7624N
7440W then northeastward. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
4 tenths old ice except 9 plus tenths old ice in the northern
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 19 September 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday trough from 989 mb low located from 72N 162W
to 71N 140W then to 68N 130W.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday trough from 993 mb low located from 72N 153W
to 74N 136W then to 69N 131W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: