Issued 05:30 AM EDT 03 October 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind north 15 knots increasing to north 25 early this afternoon. Wind north 25 tonight. Wind northwest 20 to 25 Tuesday.
Periods of snow ending this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray overnight and Tuesday morning.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 2 October 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7035N 13605W to
7216N 12847W to Banks Island near 7158N 12553W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7146N 12026W to
Victoria Island near 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10152W to
6919N 10004W to 7035N 9937W to 7129N 10255W to 7254N 10353W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7344N 10107W. Sea ice north then west of
the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7300N
9728W to Somerset Island near 7339N 9541W. Sea ice north of the ice
Fifth ice edge estimated from from Somerset Island near 7213N 9355W
to Brodeur Peninsula near 7236N 8945W. Sea ice north of the ice
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
McClintockIssued 05:30 AM EDT 03 October 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 3 October 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday departing low 978 mb located at 67N 86W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday building high 1035 mb located at 66N 116W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: