Issued 05:30 AM EDT 24 September 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind north 20 knots diminishing to light early this afternoon then increasing to east 15 after midnight. Wind increasing to east 20 Monday morning and to east 30 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to northeast 35 Monday evening.
Rain or snow beginning near midnight becoming snow Monday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13920W to 7207N 13509W to 7215N
12914W to Banks Island near 7307N 12451W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7329N 11518W to
Victoria Island near 7321N 11444W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7344N 10501W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7346N 10103W. Sea ice northwest of the
Fourth ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7143N 8953W to
7140N 9151W to Nunavut near 6913N 8923W. Sea ice southeast of the
Warnings (In effect)
McClintockIssued 05:30 AM EDT 24 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 23 September 2023 Tonight and Sunday At 0000 UTC Sunday low 997 mb located at 70N 104W.
By 0000 UTC Monday weakening low 1006 mb located at 73N 65W.
At 0000 UTC Sunday low 1000 mb located at 79N 123W.
By 0000 UTC Monday weakening low 1008 mb located at 80N 118W.
At 0000 UTC Monday building high 1021 mb located at 72N 104W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: