Issued 07:00 PM MDT 03 August 2021
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind north 30 knots diminishing to northwest 20 early Wednesday morning and to northwest 15 near noon Wednesday.
Rain or snow this evening.
Temperatures near plus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 3 August 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
5 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 tenths
first-year ice including 1 tenth old ice in the southeastern
section. Strong ice pressure developing along the coast in the
southeastern section early this afternoon and easing after midnight.
Warnings (In effect)
MaudIssued 10:00 AM EDT 03 August 2021
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 3 August 2021 Tonight and Wednesday At 0000 UTC Wednesday deepening low 985 mb located at 65N 81W.
By 0000 UTC Thursday low 982 mb located at 66N 77W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Baillie - eastern half
- Baillie - western half
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: