Issued 07:00 PM MDT 27 September 2023
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northeast 20 knots increasing to northeast 25 this evening. Wind northeast 25 Thursday.
Periods of snow. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 September 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13755W to 7145N 13251W to 7209N
12801W to Banks Island near 7251N 12507W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7334N 10428W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7342N 10104W. Sea ice north of the ice
Third ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7154N 9005W to
7142N 9128W to 7021N 8925W to 6914N 8711W to Nunavut near 6844N
8756W. Sea ice east of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 27 September 2023 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday trough from 998 mb low located from 70N 65W
to 77N 71W.
By 0000 UTC Friday trough located from 67N 54W to 76N 67W.
At 0000 UTC Thursday ridge from 1024 mb high located from 74N 103W
to 67N 87W.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge from 1027 mb high located from 81N 69W
to 68N 114W.
At 0000 UTC Friday approaching low 997 mb located at 65N 93W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: