Issued 07:00 PM MDT 17 August 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind east 25 knots diminishing to northwest 20 Thursday morning then increasing to northwest 30 near noon Thursday. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 early Thursday evening.
Showers tonight and Thursday. Risk of thunderstorms Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 August 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 2 tenths old ice in the northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 17 August 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday dissipating ridge located from 75N 170W to
At 0000 UTC Thursday deepening trough from 993 mb low located
By 0000 UTC Friday low 989 mb located over Banks Island.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: