Issued 07:00 AM MDT 08 August 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind south 20 knots except light over northern sections tonight and Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light near noon Tuesday then increasing to west 15 Tuesday afternoon. Wind veering to northwest 20 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 8 August 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 2 tenths old ice in the northern section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 8 August 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 1200 UTC Monday trough from 994 mb low located over 77N 149W
By 0000 UTC Wednesday trough from 999 mb low located from 76N 153W
to 75N 130W then to 68N 130W.
At 1200 UTC Monday departing high 1015 mb located at 72N 125W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: