Issued 05:30 AM EDT 23 September 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind light increasing to southeast 15 knots late this morning and to southeast 20 early this afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 30 late this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 20 late this evening. Wind veering to northwest 20 Sunday morning then diminishing to light Sunday afternoon. Wind becoming northeast 15 Sunday evening.
Showers ending this afternoon. Fog patches dissipating late this morning. Fog forming this evening and dissipating overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from 7258N 13920W to 7207N 13509W to 7215N
12914W to Banks Island near 7307N 12451W. Sea ice north of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7329N 11518W to
Victoria Island near 7321N 11444W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 7344N 10501W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7346N 10103W. Sea ice northwest of the
Fourth ice edge estimated from Brodeur Peninsula near 7143N 8953W to
7140N 9151W to Nunavut near 6913N 8923W. Sea ice southeast of the
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 23 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday low 996 mb located at 67N 117W.
By 0000 UTC Monday low 1006 mb located at 73N 66W.
At 1200 UTC Saturday high 1008 mb located over northern Alaska.
By 0000 UTC Monday high 1017 mb located at 70N 138W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: