Issued 05:30 PM EDT 30 September 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind south 15 knots increasing to south 20 late this evening and to south 30 late overnight. Wind diminishing to southwest 15 Saturday afternoon.
Snow Saturday morning and afternoon. Periods of rain Saturday afternoon. Flurries and fog patches Saturday late in the day. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow and as low as 1 mile in fog patches.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 September 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7127N 14100W to 7126N 13209W to
7358N 12615W to Banks Island near 7158N 12553W. Sea ice north of the
Second ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7146N 12026W to
Victoria Island near 7140N 11904W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Victoria Island near 6914N 10152W to
6919N 10042W to 7018N 10024W to 7105N 10331W to 7308N 10427W to
Prince of Wales Island near 7344N 10107W. Sea ice north then west of
the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Somerset Island near 7244N 9207W to
Brodeur Peninsula near 7238N 8937W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7018N 8714W to
6954N 8748W to 6910N 8558W to Nunavut near 6827N 8749W. Sea ice east
of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 30 September 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 0000 UTC Saturday ridge located from 67N 94W to 80N 93W then
to 81N 62W.
By 0000 UTC Sunday ridge located from 67N 74W to 81N 73W.
At 0000 UTC Sunday approaching low 997 mb located at 75N 121W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: