Issued 05:30 PM EDT 23 August 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwest 25 knots veering to west 30 early this evening then diminishing to west 20 after midnight. Wind backing to southwest 15 early Saturday morning then to southeast 20 Saturday afternoon. Wind veering to south 25 Saturday evening.
Rain or snow ending late this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 August 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 7330N 14100W to 7340N 13725W to 7115N 13930W
to 7015N 13825W to Northwest Territories near 7025N 12800W. Sea ice
north and east of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
2 tenths old ice except 8 tenths old ice over the northwestern
section. Strong ice pressure in the pack ice today and easing
Warnings (In effect)
LarsenIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 August 2019
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 23 August 2019 Today Tonight and Saturday At 1200 UTC Friday low 974 mb located over northern Victoria Island.
By 0000 UTC Sunday low 977 mb located at 81N 105W.
At 0000 UTC Sunday approaching low 996 mb located over Victoria
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: