Issued 05:30 AM EDT 21 August 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to south 15 knots early this morning and to southeast 25 Thursday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 35 Thursday evening.
Fog patches dissipating late this morning. Fog patches reforming late this evening.
Temperatures plus 3 rising to plus 6 Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 August 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 7330N 14100W to 7335N 13755W to 7120N 13905W
to 7035N 13750W to Northwest Territories near 7025N 12800W. Sea ice
north and east of the ice edge.
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
2 tenths old ice except 9 tenths old ice over the northwestern
section. Strong ice pressure developing along some coasts in the
northwestern section Thursday afternoon.
Warnings (In effect)
LarsenIssued 10:09 AM EDT 21 August 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
LarsenIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 August 2019
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 21 August 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday weakening high 1028 mb located at 67N 88W.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Davis Strait.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: