Issued 07:00 AM MDT 23 October 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 15 knots late overnight and to northeast 20 Thursday afternoon. Wind backing to north 15 Thursday evening.
Flurries ending Thursday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray beginning Thursday afternoon.
Temperatures minus 2 falling to minus 8 Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 October 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 2 tenths new ice along parts of the coast.
Warnings (In effect)
HolmanIssued 07:00 AM MDT 23 October 2019
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 AM MDT 23 October 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 1200 UTC Wednesday departing ridge located on a line east-west
over northern Arctic Coast of Alaska.
At 1200 UTC Wednesday trough from 1006 mb low located from 75N
102W to 79N 140W.
By 0000 UTC Friday trough from 997 mb low located from 77N 107W
to 80N 155W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: