Issued 07:00 PM MDT 21 October 2020
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots backing to west 20 to 25 Thursday morning.
Flurries with a risk of freezing drizzle tonight changing to snow Thursday evening. Fog patches forming near midnight and dissipating near noon Thursday. Visibility 1 mile or less in fog patches and as low as 1 mile in snow.
Temperatures near minus 3.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 October 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Open water except 3 tenths new ice including 1 tenth multi-year ice
in the western section.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:30 PM MDT 21 October 2020 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday departing ridge located from 65N 135W to
At 0000 UTC Thursday low 1015 mb located at 75N 170W.
By 0000 UTC Friday trough from 1007 mb low located from 75N 137W
to 70N 130W.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: