Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 AM PST 10 December 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to north 5 to 15 early this evening then becoming variable 5 to 15 overnight. Wind becoming south 15 Monday morning then increasing to south 25 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 45 Monday evening.
Rain Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 04:00 AM PST 10 December 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 10 December 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located over the Washington Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today building ridge located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located over Langara extending
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located over the Gulf
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PST 10 December 2023 A front will approach Bowie this evening then stall through Monday.
Southwesterly gales will prevail over Northern Bowie from this
evening through Monday.
A low pressure system will approach the northern waters late Monday.
Gale to storm force southerlies will develop over most northern
waters Monday afternoon and evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: