Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PST 26 January 2023
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 5 to 15 knots veering to northwest 10 to 20 this afternoon then increasing to northwest 20 to 30 this evening. Wind northwesterly 20 to 30 Friday.
Periods of rain ending this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 26 January 2023 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today departing ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Explorer.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today trough located north of Haida Gwaii.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Friday building ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:26 AM PST 26 January 2023 A trough will approach from the north and track across the marine
regions today and tomorrow. Meanwhile, a very strong ridge of high
pressure will build into Interior British Columbia in the coming
days. Strong to gale force northerly winds will develop between these
two features, beginning in southern waters on Friday and spreading
north Friday night into Saturday.
Strong to gale force outflow winds will develop in the coastal inlets
on Friday evening and are expected to strengthen to gale to storm
force outflow on Saturday as the ridge of high pressure builds over
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: