Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 03 October 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southwest 20 to 25 near noon then veering to northwest 15 to 25 this afternoon. Wind diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 after midnight and to light Wednesday morning. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 Wednesday afternoon.
Rain ending this evening. Showers Wednesday afternoon and evening. Fog patches dissipating near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Hecate Strait - northern halfIssued 10:30 AM PDT 03 October 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 3 October 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today weakening ridge located from Explorer to
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located over the Central
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 3 October 2023 A trough of low pressure will track across Haida Gwaii late this
morning and onto the coast this afternoon. Ahead of the trough,
southerly gales will develop over Dixon Entrance - east and Hecate
Strait later this morning and then shift to strong westerlies in the
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: