Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 23 May 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind west 5 to 15 knots becoming light early this evening then increasing to southeast 5 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 20 Tuesday evening except northeast 10 to 20 near the mainland inlets.
Rain Tuesday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 23 May 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday departing ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over Langara.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday deepening low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday low located over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM PDT 23 May 2022 A low pressure system will approach Explorer on Tuesday. Ahead of the
system, marginal gale force southeasterly winds are expected for
Explorer on Tuesday afternoon, and West Vancouver Island - north
/ Queen Charlotte Sound Tuesday night.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: