Hecate Strait - northern half
Issued 09:30 PM PST 05 December 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Wind east 20 to 25 knots backing to northeast 10 to 20 early Monday morning then diminishing to light late Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 20 early Monday evening.
Periods of snow or rain this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 5 December 2021 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located west of Queen
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday quasi-stationary frontal system located
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 1007 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 11:30 p.m. PST Monday low 1007 mb located over western Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM PST 5 December 2021 A Pacific frontal system is currently transitioning between the
offshore waters and Queen Charlotte Sound. Ahead of the front, gale
force east to southeast winds will continue tonight. These gale force
winds will spread to west coast Vancouver Island - north and Queen
Charlotte Strait late overnight and early Monday morning.
Storm force southeasterlies will develop near the headlands of
Vancouver Island overnight and ease to southeast gale force Monday
The frontal system stalls over Queen Charlotte Sound on Monday and
will gradually weaken to below gale force easterly winds by Monday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: